FRCS (Edin), FRCS (Neurosurgery), MBBS (UM)
Professor Dr Vickneswaran Mathaneswaran started his career in 1991 as a Medical Officer with the Ministry of Health. He specializes in neurosurgery (brain tumours, cranioplaasty). He is a member of the scientific committee of the Asian Congress of Neurological Surgeons, advisor and member of the Neurosurgical Association Malaysia, a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, exco member of the Malaysian Society for Neurosciences, advisor and member of the National Specialist Registry - Neurosurgery, Associate member of the Society of British Neurosurgeons, and member of the Neurosurgical Society of Malaysia. He has received 10 awards, both nationally and internationally for his contributions and one patent. His recent publications include: Surgical management of large acoustic neuromas, Cerebrospinal fluid otorrhoea from an abnormal communication between the internal auditory meatus and the medial wall of the tympanic cavity, Minimally invasive image-guided removal of retrobulbar intraconal foreign body, A new expandable cannula system for endoscopic evacuation of intraparenchymal hemorrhages, Neurenteric cyst of the cervicothoracic junction: A rare cause of paraparesis in a paediatric patient, Use of permeability surface area-product to differentiate intracranial tumours from abscess, Teleconferencing using multimedia messaging service (MMS) for long-range consultation of patients with neurosurgical problems in an acute situation.
- Member of Faculty Research Advisory Committee, Department Of Surgery, Faculty Of Medicine, 01-Jun-13.
- UMSC-UMMC Harmonization Committee - Chairman, University Malaya, 01-Jan-11.
- UMSC Medical Advisory Committee Surgical Representative, University Malaya, 01-Jan-06.
- University Malaya Specialist Centre Medical Advisory Committee - Surgical Representives, University Malaya, 01-Jan-06.
- Committee Member of the Minimally Invasive Procedures Group , Department Of Surgery, Faculty Of Medicine, 01-Jan-05.
- UMMC Theatre Users Committee Member , University Malaya, 01-Jan-05.
- Organizing Chairman - Surgery for Parkinson's Disease Workshop and Lectures , International, 22-Nov-04 - 28-Nov-04.
- Scientific Committee & Organizing Committee Chairman- The World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies Teaching Course, International, 04-Jun-04 - 06-Jun-04.
- Organising Chairman and Demonstrator - Complex Spinal Surgery, International, 01-Jul-03.
- Surgical Heads, International Exposition of Research & Invention of Institutions of Higher Learning 2009 Pecipta, 2013.
- MEDCOM Central, International Exposition of Research & Invention of Institutions of Higher Learning 2009 Pecipta.
- Haemostatic Delivery System for Endoscopic Procedures, International Federation of Neurosurgical Endoscopist, 2010.
- Rapid Manufacturing of Customized Cranioplasty Plates and Maxillofacial Reconstruction , Malaysia Technology Expo.
- Guided Expandable Neuroendoscopic Port (IGENP) , Ekspo Penyelidikan dan Ciptaan Institusi Pengajian Tinggi Antarabangsa (PECIPTA), 2009.
- The Design, Development and Fabrication of Custom Made Reconstruction and Implants for Medical Application , Bio Malaysia , 2009.
- The Design, Development and Fabrication of Custom Made Reconstruction and Implants For Medical Application, International Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX), 2009.
- Execellent Service Award, University of Malaya , Ministry of Education , 2005.
- Computer Aided Cranio-Orbital Reconstruction, The International Exhibition of Invention, new Techniques and Products, Geneva Switzerland, 2005.
- ronze Medal-Designing and Fabrication Maxillofacial Implants using CAD Models, University Malaya, 2004.
- Best free paper- Use of Frame Based Stereotaxy (STX) with stereoplan assistance in biopsy of deep seated lessions at UMMC:Review of cases and complications, ASEAN Congress of Neurosurgeons and ACNS, AASNS ans WFNS, 2004.
- Excellent Service Award, General Hospital, KL, MOH , 1994.
- Top Candidate for FRCS(Edinburgh)Final examination, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh , 1994.
- Final MBBS - Gold Medal(with distinction), University Malaya , 1990.
- Final MBBS- Silver Medal , King Edward the VII, College of Medicine , 1990.