I saw Dr shanny in Nov 2020 after receiving my MRI report. She was recommended to me by my gf who knows her family personally. Below is my unfortunate experience. I hope yours is better.
1. There was a lot of name dropping of other doctors who failed in their job and now she has to handle the cases. Perhaps by telling me this, she wants me to have more confidence in her work? I feel uncomfortable. This shows lack of professionalism.
2. She recommended 2 expensive procedures (~rm20k) at Columbia Asia hospital upon seeing the name of my employer and said they can help to proceed with insurance claims. I feel uncomfortable, red flag for money face doctor.
3. She pulled out a big file of her other patients (under her desk) where the past doctors/embryologist was 'erroneous' according to her. I am a former banker, i feel uncomfortable with her breaching patient confidentiality. Complete lack of professionalism.
4. After reviewing my case, she refused to answer whether I can get pregnant after going through the 2 procedures she recommended. I felt vulnerable, intimidated and scared. Btw, 4 other top gynaes/fertility doctors I saw after her never recommended her 2 expensive procedures. They hinted to me not to listen to her and that she was asked to leave her previous hospital at KPJ due to questionable practices.
5. Dr shanny refers a lot to her experience in UK particularly the fertility clinic in Cambridge. A lot of name dropping again, I'm beginning to feel this lady is very insecure.
6. The middle age Chinese nurse which assisted me is unfortunately a know-it-all. Dr shanny prescribed me supplements and they told me I had to pay by cash and there is no receipt coz they are selling 'below market price'. Fyi I get the same supplement at AA pharmacy at a cheaper price. It makes me feel this Global Doctors Hospital is very dodgy.
7. Dr Shanny did a 3d scan for me and took a vaginal swab and sent it for lab test. She did not explain what test she is sending for and when I went to pay, I saw she sent for STD test. I ended up paying more than rm1k for this visit and the unnecessary swab test.
Safe to say I will never go back to her. Always get a 2nd or 3rd opinion if you can. I was traumatised by this visit to Dr Shanny and it took me so long to recover and to talk about this.