F'ship in Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, MSORLHNS (UM), MBBS (India)
Dr Anura Manuel is a Consultant Otorhinolaryngologist, Head & Neck Surgeon and Pediatric Otorhinolaryngologist at the University Malaya Specialist Centre. She gained a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree from Karnatak University in 1998 and subsequently obtained a Masters in Otorhinolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery from University Malaya in 2006. She worked as a Clinical Specialist at the Putrajaya Hospital and then as a Senior Lecturer & Clinical Specialist at the University of Malaya for 3 years. Dr Anura pursued a 2 year subspeciality training in Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology; for a year in Singapore, KK Womens & Childrens Hospital and followed by a year in Canada, Stollery Childrens Hospital, University of Alberta. Her current area of expertise includes Otorhinolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, General Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology , Pediatric Hearing Impairment & Rehabilitation, Cochlear Implantation, Pediatric Sleep Disordered Breathing and Pediatric Airway Pathology. She has developed and built up the pediatric ENT service at PPUM. She consults on a variety of complicated pediatric ENT cases in addition to her adult ENT practice. She has initiated the provision of Daycare Tonsillectomy services at PPUM and is in the midst of starting the Universal Newborn Hearing Screen Programme at PPUM. In addition to this, she is also actively involved in the departmental quality management. She is passionate about her teaching role and research at the University. She has been invited as a speaker to conferences and workshops and has had her work published in several journals.
- Executive Committee, Malaysian Society of Otorhinolaryngology,Head & Neck Surgery, National, 17-May-13.
- Undergraduate Coordinator, Department Of Otorhinolaringology,Faculty Of Medicine, 01-Jan-13.
- Executive Committee; Malaysian Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, National,19-Jun-12 - 16-May-13.
- Scientific Chairman 4th Asian Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology Congress & 5th Malaysian International ORL-HNS Congress 01-Jun-12 - 18-May-13.
- Supervisor for Post Graduate Dental & Accident and Emergency students in ENT, University Malaya, 01-Aug-11.
- Cleft Lip & Palate Multidisciplinary Team Member, Department Of Otorhinolaringology, Faculty Of Medicine, 01-Aug-11.
- Quality Manager, Department Of Otorhinolaringology, Faculty Of Medicine, 01-Aug-11 - 31-Dec-12.
- Coordinator of the Allergy Clinic, UMMC, National, 01-Jan-08 - 31-Jul-09.
- Head & Neck Oncology Multi Disciplinary Team Member, Department Of Otorhinolaringology, Faculty Of Medicine, 01-Jan-08 - 31-Jul-09.
- Supervisor for Postgraduate RUKA Students in ENT, University Malaya, 01-Aug-07 - 31-Jul-09.
- MSO HNS Best Thesis Award, 2006, Malaysian Society of Otorhinolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, 2006.
Service /Price Details
Also serves at :
Prince Court Medical Centre
3B, Level 3
39 Jalan Kia Peng
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Clinic Hours :
Mon : 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wed : 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thurs- Sat : 9:00 am - 1:00 pm