- MBBS (University of Malaya)
- Dip Dermatology (University of London)
- Dip Venereology (London)
- FAAD (USA)
- AM (Dermatology)
- Persatuan Dermatologi Malaysia
- American Academy of Dermatology (current full voting member)
- Malaysian Medical Association (Life Member)
- Penang Medical Practitioners’ Society (Life Member)
- International Society of Dermatological Surgery
- American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology
- American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
- American Venereal Disease Association
- St. John’s Hospital Dermatological Society
- Asian Dermatology Society
- Dermatology Society of Singapore
- International Society of Dermatology (Tropical, Geographic and Ecologic)
- International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatology
- The Medical Society for the Study of Venereal Disease and Treponomatoses
Dato’ Dr. Lim is a Senior Consultant Dermatologist, starting off his medical career as the only prestigious State Scholar from the state of Penang to study medicine in his year at the University of Malaya. After completing his MBBS and working in dermatology, he subsequently trained at the St. John’s Hospital of Skin Diseases in London where he undertook further specialisation, both in Dermatology and Venereology. He has practised privately at Lim Skin Specialist Clinic which he founded in 1980, as well as Consultant Dermatologist to numerous major hospitals. Currently he is also a visiting Consultant Dermatologist at the Penang Adventist Hospital and several other major hospitals in Penang including Mount Miriam Cancer Hospital. He serves as Honorary Consultant Dermatologist to charitable organisations such as Persatuan Kanak-Kanak Spastik and Wisma Yatim Islam.
Dato’ Dr. Lim continues to remain up-to-date and at the cutting edge of dermatology, laser and cosmetic treatments. He regularly travels internationally to attend conferences and workshops. He has full fellowship of the American Academy of Dermatology and the Academy of Medicine (Dermatology), Malaysia. He is listed on the National Specialist Register of Malaysia as a recognised Specialist Dermatologist. He has held full registration with the General Medical Council of the United Kingdom.
Dato’ Dr. Lim is well-known for his contributions, both to the field of Dermatology and to society. He has published multiple scientific papers over the years and lectured on various topics, both to his peers and to the community. His Dato’ship was conferred in recognition of his outstanding contributions to society. He has been a past-President of the Penang Medical Practitioners’ Society, Persatuan Bagi Mencegah Penyakit Tibi Malaysia and has been Chairman, Director and committee member of numerous large fund-raising committees and organisations including the National Cancer Society and Malaysian Medical Association. Dato’ Dr Lim is currently the Honorary Australian Consul of Penang.
Service /Price Details
- Medical and Surgical Dermatology
- Laser Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Aesthetic Medicine
- Allergy Treatment
- We do not provide consultations via email. Please see our specialist doctors for a consultation for all medical, surgical or cosmetic enquiries
- We do not book appointments via email. Please call us to book.